For adults, Halloween is a chance to spend a night as whoever you want to be, indulge in a few festive cocktails, and enjoy a bit of make-believe. As we’ve grown older, we’ve traded in trick-or-treat for costume parties & crazy themes. If you’re playing host this year: You’ll want to take note of a few Halloween party themes to take your spooky bash up a notch!
Hop In A Time Machine!
Get those flare jeans out of storage as they are back on the scene! This Halloween theme celebrates retro fashion, music and décor will bring a sense of nostalgia to your guests and be much appreciated. Need some ideas to make this theme come to life?
- Create a playlist with songs from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s or any decade of your choosing
- Seek out vintage candies like candy cigarettes or candy dots to create a sense of nostalgia
- Beverages like Coca Cola or Sprite in glassware is a great way to create a vintage feel
- Cocktails that are more revolved around Halloween include: Witches Brew, Monster Mash Margaritas, Maliboo, Spooky Mules or Bloody Mary Syringes
- Vintage décor and antique items are unique ways to transform your office or corporate space into the decade of your choosing
A live action game of Clue anyone? Nothing says Halloween like a classic whodunit murder mystery party. Party people everywhere play live action games of Clue as it is a trending Halloween party theme! With groups big & small, murder mystery themes are an engaging way to keep your corporate team & co-workers having fun throughout the event! Here are some ideas to make this Halloween party really memorable:
- When decorating choose a murder mystery game with a clear set of rules to guide your party through the experience
- Decorate your office according to the circumstance of the crime
- Assign key players roles within the game & practice with them beforehand
- Provide costume accessories to get into character (Examples: Handheld magnifier, pocket watch, fedora hat, plastic cigar, 1920s feather headband, cigarette holder and a top-secret notebook)
- Cocktails ideas: Bee’s Knees, South Side, French 75, Whiskey Sour, Old Fashioned
- Proper use & placement of Crime scene décor is critical in making this theme work. (Examples: Caution tape, Clue Cards, an outline of a corpse in chalk, Mugshot backdrop, large shoe footprint decals, finger prints)
Ready, Set, Action!
Have a favorite movie you’ve alway dreamed of starring in? This is your time to go crazy. With so many great, iconic movies and tv shows out there, the options are endless! With timeless classics such as Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Dazed and Confused or to current populars like Stranger Things or Euphoria, you can get as creative as you want.
- Setting the scene is key. Be sure to take note of all the props in the movie/show you’ve decided on. If Stranger Things is your choice, have the upside decor in one room and the alphabet lights in the living room!
- Turn up with volume! You’re in luck since most movies have soundtracks that come along with them to create the ultimate vibe.
- As for drinks, no need to get fancy creating new cocktails. Have a simple menu named after popular sayings from the film. If your choice is Dazed and Confused a great drink name would be “alright, alright, alright” (possibly infused with CBD as well!)